Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Someone new to love....

Since I last wrote in my old journal we welcomed a new member to our family. On August 31st, (Mikey's 6th birthday), we adopted a dog from a local shelter. She's a "sato" a street dog from Puerto Rico. She was rescued by this group Save A Sato - Puerto Rican Dog Rescue - Home and then flown to the US for adoption. She's come a long way looking for someone to love her. She is some sort of lab mix & truly just one of the sweetest creatures I've ever met. Our Bernese, Buddy & the kids love her. They have become best friends... She is the perfect fit for our family, meant to be.

Because Sammi named Buddy, we let Mikey name the newest dog. After thinking about names for an hour, he came up with Holly. Suites her perfectly I think.

So everyone, meet Holly. Now we have Buddy-Holly. Anyone feel like breaking out into a chorus of "That'll Be The Day" or "Peggy Sue"? : )

6 comments:

Bridgett said...

She's adorable!
I'm cracking up at the Buddy Holly thing. If the kids only knew! LOL

That's really sweet that you adopt from a local shelter. We've talked about doing that as well, but we honestly just don't have the space for a dog. No yard...nothing.

I'm glad you decided to make the transition. There are many things I love about blogger and a few things I don't love at all (no alerts for private journals).

As for music, go to playlist.com and get yourself a list set up. Then go under customize in the top right corner of your blogger page, click on 'add a gadget' and you'll find a link for addint HTML. Copy the code for your list at playlist.com and just paste it into the page that opens under 'add HTML.'

Now, just remember...there are two places to add gadgets. The top one will put your playlist on the side of your blog...the bottom one will put in on the bottom which is where mine is, if you want to go look.

Also...go 'follow me' baby. Then you'll get alerts. :)

XOXO

aims said...

Michelle! Well, first let me say, YaY!!! I'm so glad you're here!. I have thought of you so much and wondered if we'd ever hear from you again.

Holly is adorable and couldn't be in a more lovable family. She reminds me of a dog I used to have; almost want to say she looks like she has a litle big of beagle in her. So cute! And yes, it does make me want to break out in song. ;-) My brother and his wife have two wiener dogs. Barney and Thelma Lou. My dad's wiener dog's name is Otis. Kind of makes you want to start whistling the theme to the Andy Griffith Show. heehee!

Again, I'm so tickled to have you back!

HUGS!

Lisa L. said...

Awwww, your dogs are so cute! And, even better, you rescued a dog. That is just wonderful! Still have a way to catch up to the amount of animals in my home. LOL! Thank you for the quote by the way, I put it in my blog at the top so I can look at it each time I get a bit depressed. I am "following" you now, I thought I did it before, but guess it didn't work.
Sending love,
L

freeepeace said...

OMG precious! Buddy-Holly. Love it! Brilliant kids. Gorgeous dogs. Hope you are enjoying the season and staying warm. Lots of love to you. xo

aims said...

Hi Michelle! Hope y'all had a nice Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let us hear from you when you can!

Lisa said...

Both of your puppies are adorable! We have two big labs and we just love them. That is awesome you adopted from a shelter. I would like to find a little tiny dog from a shelter but I'm afraid my labs would trample one if it is too small. Hope the invite works this time.... let me know if not.
Lisa in Kentucky